February 2020 Chapter Dinner Meeting
Time & Location
About The Event
We will start at 5:30pm with a half hour of open networking with hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar. At 6:00pm we will take our seats and hear opening remarks and then proceed to our first presentation topic. At approximately 7:00pm we will then enjoy a buffet dinner and at 7:30pm we will proceed with our second presentation topic (TBA).
New York State has Entered the "New Fiduciary Era" for Life Insurance
Steven S. Zeiger CEBS, TEP, Managing Director - Wealth Management KB Financial Partners, LLC
(this presentation has been accepted by CFP Board for 1 CFP CEU)
Our presenter, Steven Zeiger, will illuminate the ethical considerations of NYS DFS Reg 187, FINRA Rule IM2210 and the UPIA, relating to "Decision Support Material" used by attorneys, CPAs and RIAs in the life insurance decision-making process.
Steven is an expert in applying Prudent Investor guidelines to life insurance product selection/retention and portfolio management according to established and proven asset management doctrine. He is guided by the Uniform Prudent Investor Act, FINRA Rule IM 2210, NY DFS Regulation 187 "Clients Best Interest" rule and lessons learned from the first adjudicated fiduciary lawsuit regarding Trust Owned Life Insurance AKA Cochran v. Key Bank.
1. Learn the new requirements of the NY DFS Best Interest Regulation for life insurance and how they differ from prevailing industry practices.
2. Understand a familiar decision-making framework widely-used for investment assets (costs, benchmarking, independent research, etc.) for proper management and selection of life insurance.
3. Identify life insurance industry practices now considered questionable, fundamentally misleading," "inappropriate" or unreliable by financial, insurance and banking industry authorities such as FINRA, Society of Actuaries, and U.S. Department of the Treasury- OCC.
4. Understand the ethical implications to CPAs, tax attorneys, wealth managers, trustees and other fiduciaries of the NY DFS Best Interest Regulation for life insurance.
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
THE FIRST FIFTEEN NON-MEMBER, FIRST-TIME ATTENDEES WHO REGISTER ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND FOR FREE!
Must be prospective members to take advantage of this special offer. Advance registration required by contacting FPA GHV Chapter Executive Lori Somerville at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-817-8400.
- FPA GHV Season Pass Members*$0$00$0
- Other FPA Chapter Members*$45$450$0