May 2019 Chapter Dinner Meeting
Time & Location
About The Event
PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMING FOR THIS PROGRAM:
6:00pm - Dinner
PRICELESS: THE VALUE OF LANGUAGE
(this presentation has been accepted by CFP Board for 2 CFP CEUs)
Lisa Kueng, Director of Creative Campaigns at INVESCO, will be hosting this two-hour interactive workshop is intended to help advisors improve their client review meetings, clearly and intelligently communicate their cost to clients, and provide an impactful menu of services that their clients are seeking. The principles that will be addressed during this workshop are based on a six-month study to determine what investors think, what they value, and how they would like their advisors to respond.
CLIENTS ARE CRYING FOR THESE THREE THINGS:
• They want more services than investment management.
• They want us as an industry to respect their money and communicate. our respect with language they understand.
• They want to be sure they are on track to their goals.
YOUR PRE-MEETING HOMEWORK:
• Collect the forms/agendas/materials that you use in your review process to bring to this meeting.
• Think about and preferably write down how you phrase your statement of the costs to work with your firm.
• If you have a menu of services that you share with clients bring it with you.
AT THE MEETING:
Each of us will select a partner at our table to do some role playing to practice more effective communication techniques about our cost. We will set a 2 week follow up phone call with our partner to review what we have learned. Lisa will divide the meeting into the three topics mentioned above and we will do actual work in session to improve our language and presentations.
DINNER WILL BE SERVED AT 6:00 PM
We will have our usual 30 minute cocktails and hors d'oeuvres opening and move right into dinner at 6:00pm. Our work with Lisa will start approximately at 6:30pm and run for 1 hour 40 minutes.
Learning Objective(s): At the end of this session, attendees will (1) Know how to communicate, define and deliver on the value of their fees and services in this post-DOL era and (2) Have the skills to communicate more effectively with clients by using resonating words, phrases and sequence in the value conversation.
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
Click here for speaker bio.
MANY THANKS TO OUR PROGRAM SPONSOR!
Eric Fracasso, Regional Vice President
Phone (516) 675-2136 | Eric.Fracasso@Invesco.com
- FPA GHV Season Pass Members*$0$00$0
- Other FPA Chapter Members*$45$450$0